1. Introduction and General Terms
- what information The Fearless Foundation may collect about you;
- how The Fearless Foundation will use information we collect about you;
- when The Fearless Foundation may use your details to contact you;
- whether The Fearless Foundation will disclose your details to anyone else;
- your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us.
The Fearless Foundation is committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998.
2. What information will The Fearless Foundation collect about me?
When you contact The Fearless Foundation via the website, or you telephone, email or write to The Fearless Foundation, or engage with The Fearless Foundation via social media channels, we may receive and retain personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone or mobile number and whether or not you are a tax payer so that we can claim gift aid.
By submitting your details, you enable The Fearless Foundation (and where applicable any sub-contractors we may use) to raise funds and to provide you with the goods, services, information, activities or online content you select.
If you are simply browsing our website as an anonymous visitor, The Fearless Foundation may still collect certain information from you, such as your IP addresses (an IP address is a number that can uniquely identify a specific computer or other network device on the internet).
3. How will The Fearless Foundation use the information you collect about me?
The Fearless Foundation will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
- in relation to any correspondence you have entered into with us whether by letter, email, telephone, social media or any other means;
- for “service administration purposes”, which means that The Fearless Foundation may contact you for reasons related to donations you have made or the activity or online content you have signed up for;
- for internal record keeping;
- to contact you about any content you provide;
- for marketing purposes where you have specifically agreed to this (see below);
- to use IP addresses to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different countries;
- to analyse and improve the activities and content offered by The Fearless Foundation website to provide you with the most user-friendly navigation experience. We may also use and disclose information in aggregate (so that no individuals are identified) for marketing and strategic development purposes.
4. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
The Fearless Foundation will only contact you for marketing purposes by email, other electronic means or post if you have agreed to be contacted for these purposes.
If you wish to contact us either to obtain information about our work or to stop us sending you such information please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
5. Will The Fearless Foundation share my personal information with anyone else?
We will only use your information within The Fearless Foundation for the purposes for which it was obtained, unless you have explicitly agreed that we may share your information with another organisation. Sometimes The Fearless Foundation contracts third parties to process your information on our behalf. We require these third parties to comply strictly with our instructions and data protection laws.
We will keep your information confidential except where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies for tax purposes or law enforcement agencies for the prevention and detection of crime, subject to such bodies providing us with a relevant request in writing).
6. What is The Fearless Foundation’s policy on allowing me to update, correct, or delete my personal information?
The accuracy of your information is important to us. Under the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. If you believe that any of the information we hold about you is inaccurate or out of date, or you wish to obtain a copy of the information, please email us at email@example.com to let us know. A small fee will be charged for information requests.
This policy was last updated in April 2013.